This week’s positive word
on our A-Z Inspirational Journey …
G is for
When you think of the word generous, what springs to mind?
Only rich people can be generous?
NO! This is SO not true.
But some people think if they only have little to give, they can’t give at all … this is so far from the truth!
You don’t have to have a lot to be generous, you just need to be willing to give, especially when someone needs it. There’s no better feeling than helping someone in need. There are so many selfish and self-centered people in the world … do you think you are one of them? Ask yourself: Do I dwell on my own unfair life? When was the last time I helped someone? When was the last time I did something for someone but I expected something in return? When was the last time I felt grateful? Answer those questions and then ask yourself again: Am I one of the world’s selfish and self-centered people?
Here’s this week’s therapeutic creative writing exercise:
Before you answer the questions below, read them to yourself, without writing anything down. Then read the ‘5 Ways that will help you live a more generous life’. Once you have done that read the below questions again, write down your answers, if it help to freestyle write, go ahead. Get your thoughts on your generosity expressed.
- Write down how generous you are at the moment, what do you do for others?
- Write down if you feel you can make any improvements?
- Write down how generous you are to yourself? Would you treat others the way you treat yourself?
- Write down a step by step plan on either being more generous to others, or more generous to yourself.
Here’s 5 Ways that will help you live a more generous life
- Spend time with generous people – If you understand the law of attraction, you will understand that the more people you spend time with who are generous, you too will become as generous. You will learn their ways and how being generous comes naturally to them and the rewards they reap are insurmountable. If YOU can’t see the rewards, ask a generous person how it feels to give and not get anything back? Watch how they describe how they feel complete if they can help another person in any way.
- Be grateful – Gratefulness leads to happiness, which naturally leads to wanting to show and give to others what you appreciate in your life.
- Read stories about generosity – Read about generous people and see how they give. This could be rich people or poor people, remember giving isn’t always about money.
- Do something for charity – If you haven’t got the funds to give to a good cause, then arrange an event or something similar (for example: the Macmillan Coffee mornings are very popular) – you could do this with a charity that you care about. There will be a charity out there that you can relate to, see how you can help them.
- Give your time – Time is one of the most precious things in our lives. If someone is giving you their time, it’s important to appreciate it. What can you give your time to? Spending it with people in need is one of the most rewarding things you can do with your time. It’s never a waste of time if it’s spent being generous.
Wishing you love, happiness and fulfilment always
If you’d like help in surrounding yourself with positivity, you can download your very own FREE inspirational guide here.